Saturday, December 29, 2012

Meet my muse, "Challenge."

Quite frankly my muse is named "Challenge" and he wears many different faces. Mostly, whatever current hot actor I find yummy at the moment. Pretty men with amazing hair is what usually gets the juices flowing. I know I'm in the minority here, most women fantasize about the buff, dangerous Vin Diesel types. Don't get me wrong, there's a seriously special place in my heart for Wolverine, but mostly I'm watching the elf in LOTR thinking, "Holy hot damn!" I know, I know....not everyone's cup o' tea but what can I say? As long as it inspires me to write yummy hotness for you all, you can picture anyone you want. But I digress...this was about "Challenge."

Lay down a challenge and suddenly my mind is racing. Tell me to write a story about a piece of chocolate and I'm salivating with the possibilities. Demons, anthropologists, goddesses, vamps, werewolves...a whole world created in my head because someone said, "Here's a piece of chocolate, now go write about it." Or tell me, "Here's a word I never EVER want to see in a book..." and I'm thinking, "Damn, I could totally make that word work AND make it funny," and suddenly *poof*...Wolfwitch was born.

The latest challenge has been laid down. I don't want to ruin the surprise and tell you what it is yet, but it DID make me think of a real person I know. A woman who took in my husband during his challenging teenage years when no one else would. Gave him a home, a family...She's an honest to God Santeria priestess even. This woman DESERVES some yummy hotness! No, it's not going to be her biography...but it IS going to be inspired by some of her very interesting life stories!

But first, I must finish what I started. Some books NEED a sequel and these characters are screaming in my head to finish their damn stories already!!! Easy peasy right?

Challenge accepted.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Sequels please! And then I can't wait to see what this challenge gave birth to!

    ReplyDelete